I have compiled a list which includes resources which can be pretty handy for Android Developers.
Note : This is an on-going list and I will keep updating it. If you are interested in contributing then feel free to submit pull requests for changes or additions in the original repo. Thanks in advance :)
Learning what it takes to become one
Official resources from Google to get you started with designing and developing for Android.
Post about bare bones version of becoming an Android Dev.
Code Path is the central crowdsourced resource for complete and up-to-date practical Android developer guides for any topic.
This post will help you build your app from scratch and guide you through ideation to publishing on Play Store.
Training Videos on Caster.io will teach you everything you need to know in order to thrive and survive as an Android Developer.
Best practices in Android development is a collection of lessons learned from Android developers in Futurice.
Regular Updates & Banter
- Augmtented Podcast
- Android Dev Digest
- Android Weekly
- Android Developers
- News, tips, and tricks directly from the Android team
- Android Community
- Android Dialogs
This represents the List of “must have” libraries that are extremely popular and are often used in almost any Android project.
Android Arsenal is a Portal for Android tools and libraries.
Discover top Android libraries based on their popularity in high-ranking apps on Libtastic.
Open Source libraries from Square (We just can’t thank them enough !)
Experts & Devs to follow
- Andy Rubin (Co-founder of Android)
- Matias Duarte (Dir Android OS UX at Google)
- Jake Wharton (Square Inc.)
- Reto Meier (Android Dev Advocate at Google)
- Xavier Ducrohet (Android SDK Tech Lead)
- Kaushik Gopal (Fragmented Podcast)
- Donn Felker (Caster.io & Fragmented Podcast)
- Cyril Mottier (Google Dev Expert & Captain Train)
- Enrique López Mañas (Android Expert)
- Kirill Grouchnikov (UI Engineer of Android at Google)
- Antoine Merle (Deezer)
- Etienne Caron (Google Dev Expert : Android)
- Fernando Cejas (Engineer at Soundcloud)
- Antonio Leiva (Dev of Bandhook App)
- Effie Barak (Android dev at Udemy)
- Justin Angel (Expert)
- Ty Smith (GDE and Dev at Twitter)
- Israel Ferrer (Dev at Twitter)
- Droid Smith (GDE and Speaker)
Communities and User Groups
Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time ~ Arnold H. Glasow